Our new book challenge for 2018/2019 will be ‘7 for 7’, 7 books for Year 7 pupils. The titles have been chosen to appeal to more able readers in Year 7.
Our package is delivered in September and includes:
- 28 Books with plastic jackets fitted – 4 copies of each of the 7 titles for you to keep
- Discussion & activity ideas* for each title; a suggested calendar will also be included
- Promotional materials* – posters, bookmarks, award certificates
- Video of CLS librarians booktalking* each title
- Invitation to attend an inter-school quiz
- Author talk by one of the authors on the list
*All activity resources and promotional materials will be sent electronically for you to add your own school logo before printing, displaying on screens or sending electronically yourselves.
You can choose this as a Purple Module or download this order form and purchase the package for £350. If you have any questions please contact Alex.email@example.com
“Myself and the students have enjoyed this challenge. The resources are very useful, in fact I have had little preparation to do except join in the debate! Everything is self-explanatory and the resources containing debating questions and other activities are easy to use and take a lot of the work out of organising this. I really liked it!”
“Both boys and girls said that they enjoyed attending the group and they all enjoyed the debates we had, often talking about up to date and challenging issues which were raised in the books.”
Sharon Dilkes - Librarian, Hamilton College Leicester