Our new book challenge for 2018/2019 will be ‘7 for 7’, 7 books for Year 7 pupils. The titles have been chosen to appeal to more able readers in Year 7.
Our package is delivered in September and includes:
- 28 Books with plastic jackets fitted – 4 copies of each of the 7 titles for you to keep
- Discussion & activity ideas* for each title; a suggested calendar will also be included
- Promotional materials* – posters, bookmarks, award certificates
- Video of CLS librarians booktalking* each title
- Invitation to attend an inter-school quiz
- Author talk by one of the authors on the list
*All activity resources and promotional materials will be sent electronically for you to add your own school logo before printing, displaying on screens or sending electronically yourselves.
You can choose this as a Purple Module or download this order form and purchase the package for £350. If you have any questions please contact Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org
“The students appear to have a better awareness of authors they wouldn’t otherwise know about, and most importantly are talking to peers about these authors and recommending their books.” (Bridget Hamlet, Rushey Mead Academy, Leicester)
“I have loved doing 7 for 7 this year and have had the most student engagement of all the challenges I have done.” (Shirley Greenough, Beaumont Leys School)
“The book titles have been very good and varied.” (Sarah Orton, Countesthorpe Leysland College)