The Artworks Collection offers schools the opportunity to borrow original works of art from a collection of over 1000 stunning pieces with a major focus on the 20th and 21st century
The Artworks Collection offers schools the opportunity to borrow original works of art from a collection of over 1000 stunning works including many well-known artists such as Picasso, David Hockney and Peter Howson. Paintings, drawings, sculpture, prints and photographs are all represented in this unique resource. Recently acquired works have been selected to support the curriculum and learning in schools.
Artworks can cover:
- The world around us, landscapes, cities, countryside and seascapes
- Wildlife, including tigers, badgers, foxes and birds
- Portraits and pictures of people
- Art that can be touched including wood carved reliefs, large sculpture and small tactile bronzes
- Bright colourful works including rainbows and abstract pictures to brighten up a room
- “Reverspectives” that move and change perspective as you walk past them
Use our on-line catalogue or visit our art store and see this amazing art and appreciate its impact first hand. Schools choosing Artworks from the modules will also receive the support and help of our experienced Artworks officer when choosing works for your school.
We will deliver, collect and advise on hanging the works of art.
Loan period one year.
Depending on which colour modules you choose, you can borrow:
Pink module – 3 Artworks a year
Purple module – 5 Artworks a year
Green module – 15 Artworks a year
Leicestershire County Council insures all artworks borrowed from Creative Learning Services up to an agreed value per individual artwork and total value of artworks per school.
To see which Artworks we have, click on ‘Catalogue’ above and type Artworks in the search box, or click on Visual Search and select Artworks.